Taking into account our new reality and to be able to organize a safe set under COVID-19 circumstances Radio- aktivefilm team is taking a series of anti-pandemic meas- ures that should be followed on set if working on the project by all our crew members and Clients.
Per job, we are working on minimizing crews, to only account of essential crew members.
These rules apply to our traditional shoots, as well as remote productions.
All these rules will be communicated to the crew together with their deal memo.
PRIOR TO SHOOT/ DURING PREPRODUCTION
All the job that doesn’t require physical presence should be done remotely.
• Testing. Part 1. To check immunity system of company workers and hired crew we will use a rapid serological test to measure antibodies indicative of a past infection (Rapid Antibody test). The test is performed in capillary blood through a slight puncture in a finger. The result is known in 15 minutes. If the testing results are positive then the individual is immune and doesn’t require further tests. This test should be performed 3 days prior to shoot.
• Testing. Part 2. If the Rapid Antibody test is negative, then early detection of cases with active infection is possible by means of real time multiplex PCR test. It is an in vitro diagnostic product that allows detecting the presence of specific genes for the SARS- CoV-2 virus and is quite sensitive. It takes 24 hours to get the results. If the result is nega- tive, individual can work normally keeping all necessary hygienic measures. If PCR test ispositive then individual most likely has a virus and must isolate himself and repeat PCR test in a few days. All testing is provided by production.
PRIOR TO SHOOT/ DURING PREPRODUCTION
• Every crew member should sign a memo document outlining their travel throughout the last 4 weeks prior to shooting day and any contact with someone who has confirmed or suspected case of COVID - 19. By signing this document crew member recognizes all responsibility and agrees all necessary health precautions for the duration of the production.
• Anyone who feels unwell, or has any of the symptoms should contact production com- pany for replacement and will be paid their agreed fees.
• All production vehicles will be deeply cleaned before starting the job and sanitized daily, drivers should be tested as well.
On set behavior
• As much as you all happy to see each other again, please, avoid hand shaking, hugging and touching. Please, respect each other’s personal space.
• Our medical workers, that will be present on set at all time, will check everyones temperature when entering set. In the case of temperature higher than 37,5 C crew member will be sent home or health center to diagnose the reason of the fever.
• All crew members should wear masks and gloves provided by production. Our medical workers will oversee and guide crew member in all protective measures.
• Social distancing rules should be practicing on set, the distance between people should be at least 2 meters, and smoking breaks are individual only in designated ares.
• When shooting on location it is very important to ensure a consistent and secure set
lock-up to prevent public from entering.
Radioaktive Film is a production service company based in Kyiv, Ukraine,which operates throughout Far Eastern Europe. Since our founding in 1998 by American partners, we have hosted a broad range of clients from around the world, shooting feature films, tv shows, tv commercials, documentaries, virals, and photos.
We’ve worked on every kind of project. We’re in this to serve our clients, not to win awards or facebook likes. So, if a client needs to film 2 people sitting in a room on a camera phone, that’s what we’ll do. On the other hand, we’ve got a thing for big scenes. Radioaktive has the resources and the experience to bring together a cast of thousands. We’ve shut down train stations, blocked off bridges, even built an entire building just to blow it up in the first shot.
We understand that epic filmmaking requires discipline, organization and forethought, and our years of collective experience have instilled in our team an instinctual attention to detail. We’ve also worked with a number of epic directors, so we know what it takes to keep up with talented genius.
Traveling to shoot your film shouldn’t mean accepting compromises or settling for less. Radioaktive’s mission is to help producers to maximize their budget value to afford their director and the agency new opportunities for creativity and execution. We focus on all the little details of line producing, so that you can get your work done. Shooting with us is just like shooting at home, but with better vodka.
We do things in-house. When we opened up for business in 1998, we were literally the first service company in Ukraine. So we had to build our own team, by hiring smart, hardworking people from various backgrounds and training them in the art and magic of producing. Things have changed since those early days, but after putting so much effort into teaching our employees, we do our best to keep them around. Each of our 6 producers has been with Radioaktive for at least 6 years. This organizational continuity means we’re a close team, working together with great efficiency to service your needs.